Best Student Paper Awards
The Award is for two best papers and two best posterspresented in the ICONS 2018 by any student or research fellow. The categories are
- Best Paper (First Prize) – Oral Presentation: Certificate and Cash Award of Rs. 10000
- Best Paper (Second Prize) – Oral Presentation: Certificate and Cash Award of Rs. 5000
- Best Paper (First Prize) – Poster Presentation: Certificate and Cash Award of Rs. 10000
- Best Paper (Second Prize) – Poster Presentation: Certificate and Cash Award of Rs. 5000
- The author of the paper must either be a student or a student guided by his research/project guides, or a research fellow.
- He/She should be a student or research fellow in the current academic session i.e. 2017-2018.
- The paper must be presented by the student in the conference – oral and/or poster.
- If there are more than one author for the selected paper, the Cash Award will be given to the student, i.e. the presenter, only.
- Only authors submitting full revised papers for the Proceedings and those who have registered will be considered.
The Awards Committee is not obliged to recommend an Award, if, in their opinion, there is no eligible paper of adequate quality. The criteria to be used by the Awards Committee are: the contribution to the advancement of scientific knowledge, originality, quality and presentation skill. However, it may be noted that the Award will be made mainly on the basis of the quality of the written paper, and to a lesser extent on the quality of the oral/poster presentation. In any case, the Committee’s decision will be final.
The Award will be presented at the Valedictory function.